Vegas Inspired Day to Night Makeup

January 22, 2017


Hello Sweeties! I was reminiscing of the wonderful moments I experienced back in 2016 (still struggling with the fact that 2017 sounds so futuristic), and my trip to America in July came to mind. Although I loved all the cities I visited, Las Vegas for sure gets my vote for the most fabulous. So, for today's post I thought I would enlighten you all on my idea of a perfect day-to-night makeup look for the famous Las Vegas.



Everything in Vegas was so lavish and over-the-top amazing, exactly as I pictured it. I found Las Vegas so inspiring - especially the way the city was transformed from day-to-night. The lights got brighter, the people got louder, and the colourful aesthetic went through the roof. 




DAY

One thing about Vegas is there's so much to do. So many sights to see, shops to shop . . . the lot! A typically day in Vegas may include the more touristy activities like shopping, visiting Hershey's Chocolate World or even visiting the Grand Canyon (totally the best experience ever). I think day makeup for Las Vegas in these situations should be light and bright, like the city itself.





The Products:

Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturiser SPF 15

An ideal base for day makeup in Vegas, it literally feels like nothing on your face while providing light to medium coverage and a beautiful luminous finish. Plus the added SPF is super helpful if you're visiting Las Vegas in the summer time - it reached over 40 degrees when I visited and I felt like I was constantly in an oven! Apply this all over your face and build it to a coverage suitable for your day's activities.

Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer

This concealer is perfect for adding brightness to your complexion while covering any blemishes with ease. I've raved about this product in so many posts now, I think it would be a crime to leave it out of a light and bright day makeup look! For this makeup look I like to apply the concealer under my eyes, on the bridge of my nose and on any troublesome areas.

Collection Cosmetics Shimmer Shades Blush - Blushalicious

A pop of colour on your cheeks would be perfect for a day makeup look in Vegas - and how could you turn down a product with the shade name Blushalicious in Vegas? This blush includes four colours, so you can choose one of the four or apply in one big sweep to get a beautiful mixed shade (my application preference). I love that it acts as a blush and a highlight because the colours are shimmery without having that chunky glitter look.

Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray

Another product I've raved about in many of my posts. This product is perfect for a Vegas day makeup look as it really does make your makeup last all night. This product is essential when I want my makeup to last for a long period of time, so I couldn't do a day to night makeup look and NOT include this setting spray! I usually spray 2-4 sprays of this over my whole face, letting it sink in for 30 seconds to 1 minute before continuing with my makeup.

Maybelline Define-A-Lash Lengthening Mascara

Maybelline is known for it's hugely extensive range of mascaras, and this is one I've been using for years. Really lovely everyday mascara, it gives my lashes the ideal balance of length and curl without the clumps. I simply curl my lashes then apply a few coats of this to add length and definition.

MAC Cremesheen lipstick  - Pure Zen

Pure Zen by MAC is a stunning, sheer pinky nude lip colour that is great for day-to-day wear. It really suits my skin tone and is a lovely "my lips but better" shade for me. The Cremesheen formula is lovely for a Vegas inspired day makeup look as it gives your lips shine and shimmer with a bit of moisture too.


NIGHT

As I mentioned earlier Vegas transforms at night. It becomes that little bit more intense and I think a night makeup look in Vegas should match that transformation. The products I have put together for the night makeup look top up your day base while adding a pop of colour to the lid and swapping up the lip shade for a more sultry night vibe. Definitely showing off a bit of 90s, I think this look is something a bit more special and unique, two qualities that are obvious wherever you go in Vegas!






The Products:

Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette

The star of the show, this is the palette that brings the whole Vegas night look together! I used three shades from the palette for a eye look with a pop of gold. I applied Cashmere bunny (lighter brown) into my crease to define the lid. Next up is the beautiful gold, Honey pot! Make sure to really pack this on the lid, don't be shy - you want your eye look to stand out. Lastly blend Sexpresso (deep brown) into the outer V of your eye for a deeper, more intense effect. And you're done! I love how versatile this palette is, you can create the most simple day eye look (see my Fake Awake Summer Makeup), and a fabulous Vegas night eye.

Maybelline Eye Pencil

Now for a bit of 90s. I went for an eyeliner pencil over a liquid liner because a pencil takes a lot less precision, so if you're short on time to transform your day look to night you can still put on a bit of liner! I apply the pencil quite messily to my top and bottom lash line, then just use a small eye brush to blend it out a bit and give it a more smudged affect. Any eye pencil will do, I really like the Maybelline pencils but use whichever pencil  you prefer.

Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer

One of the easiest ways to intensify your makeup look for night is to add a bit of contour. There's something about having a bo$$ contour that just ups your makeup game! As you all probably know I love the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer; it's a perfect shade for both bronzer and contouring, so it's great for on the go makeup. Plus, can you really turn down a product that smells like chocolate? I think not.

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector - Moonstone

An intense highlight is absolutely essential for any night makeup look, especially in Vegas! This product is insane, it makes your cheekbones so shimmery and beautiful - this highlight is not for the faint-hearted! Just sweep this highlight over your cheekbones and any other areas you would like to highlight for that Vegas-worthy glow.

Jordana Matte Lipstick - 28 Natural

I have only mentioned this product a couple of times on my blog, but I really do love it! Aside from the amazingly affordable price tag, this lipstick has amazing pigmentation, is a stunning shade and lasts all day on the lips. It is a bit drying, but the formulation is matte so I'm not complaining. I went for a deep nude for this Vegas night makeup look because again it enhances my inner 90s vibe while also bringing the whole look together. 


A couple of pics from my Vegas trip 2016 for your viewing pleasure xox



Las Vegas is a city like no other, and if you ever get the opportunity to visit one day I highly suggest you take it! It's one of those stardom cities that is so memorable, every experience you have there you'll never forget. If you were interested in going on a spontaneous trip to Vegas wherever you are in the world, be sure to check out some great package deals here. :) 




Have you ever been to Las Vegas?


Stay Sweet,
post signature

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I've always wanted to go to Vegas! I loved learning about your routine. I live for that Urban Decay setting spray!
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Subscribe